If our immunity is strong, it is of great help in defeating COVID – 19 disease. For boosting immunity, there are several methods in yoga, various ‘asanas’ are there. These asanas are such that they increase the strength of the body and also strengthen our metabolism :Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi .
COVID – 19 or Corona virus was declared as a global pandemic by the World Health Organization. One of the crucial shields against COVID – 19 is immunity. Research reports suggest that patients with good immunity levels are able to fight this virus better. Our immune system is extremely important and plays an important role in keeping us fit and healthy.
Yoga is one of the most effective and time-tested natural immunity boosters that can lead to a healthy, sickness-free body.
A consistent yoga practice – along with certain poses in particular – can support and boost the immune system.
An article from the International Journal of Yoga found that Yoga resists the autonomic changes and impairment of cellular immunity seen in examination stress.
So, boost your immune system to beat COVID 19 with the help of these 5 simple asanas :
- Shashankasana (Rabbit Pose): Shashankasana is an excellent pose to decongest the chest and relax the mind.
- Halasana (Plow Pose): Plow pose stimulates the thyroid gland, strengthening the nervous system.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): It is a chest opening pose that helps release white blood cells that improve the body’s immune system.
- Dhanurasana (Bow Pose): Dhanurasana helps to relax and relieve muscular tension. It stimulates blood flow and strengthens body tissues.
- Setu Bandhasana (Bridge Pose): Setu Bandhasana opens the heart and improves blood circulation, increasing energy in the body.
Along with these asanas practice Pranayam (Breathing Techniques) as Pranayama reduces stress levels and fight against anxiety to boost the immune system.
5 basic Pranayama to boost your immune system:
- Bhramari Pranayama (The Humming Bee Breathing Technique): It has a natural calming effect. If someone is stressed out, anxious or angry they can practice it to get instant relief.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama (Forehead Shining Breathing Technique): It is helpful in reducing stress and improves blood circulation in whole body parts.
- Anuloma Viloma Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing Technique): It increases concentration and also develops creativity power and decision-making ability.
- Bhastrika Pranayama (Bellow Breathing Technique – Breath of Fire): A good practice for tonsils, thyroid, throat problems.
- Udgeeth Pranayama (Om Chanting Breathing Technique): Increases memory power, concentration, positive thinking and self-confidence.
We can overcome this pandemic with the help of our own conscience and perceptions. But, for this we need to go through a reformation. So,
- Include Yoga in your daily routine
- Enhance immunity
- Eat healthily
- Drink ayurvedic Kaadha
- Be with your loved ones
- Follow the guidelines of WHO